C, design electronic circuits, PCB design
degree in Engineering scientific discipline
Ellon, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
To be a lead developer of products at Impact Subsea within a highly capable team of developers.
This role would suit a talented electronics and firmware engineer with a highly proactive approach
to developing products and making things work.
This role directly contributes to the development of products which set new levels of capability in
the underwater vehicle sensor market.
Authorized Jobs in the next location(s): UK
Requirements & Summary
The Electronics & Firmware Engineer will be required to:-
• Be a development lead on the design of Impact Subsea sensor solutions in the technical
areas they have competency in.
• Convey a professional image of the company at all times.
• Carry out any other tasks within the competence of the role and job holder.
• To ensure new Impact Subsea sensor solutions are progressed to market within the
timescales agreed between the development team and management.
• To assist in the day-to-day business operations as required.
Limits of Authority
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in
the job description.
The company reserves the right to change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder's
qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering Degree qualification or equivalent experience in a suitable engineering
• High competency in C.
• Be able to design electronic circuits.
• Be able to layout PCBs.
• Competency in C++ and VHDL
• Mechanical design capability
• Experience with QT
• Experience with Altium
• Experience with Solidworks
Personal Attributes & Knowledge
• A proactive approach to dealing with challenges.
• Experience of developing products.
• Flexibility to travel to meet the requirements of the role.
• Experience in the development of underwater products.
• Experience of working within a development team.
• Experience of coordinating development tasks within a team